Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Just because you can doesn't mean you should

*I realize I am late for my Monday humor post, but here it is. 

In 8th grade, I dissected a fetus pig, I named Charlotte. I carefully chipped away at the skull and vertebrae until the brain and spinal cord were carefully detached from the body. Proud of myself, I brought my specimen home to show my family and placed it in the bookshelf my dad made for his girls. Obviously, they were completely grossed out. I didn't care, I was proud!  But, before you are completely grossed out, I should say my teacher, Mr. Fischer, placed it in a jar filled with some type of liquid to preserve it. 

In saying this though, I have to be honest with myself and with my readers. The pictures below, I understand are weird. Who would make it? Seriously, I wouldn't, BUT I wouldn't mind having one or all of them either. They remind me of my college days where I spent hours looking at cadavers, studying pictures of dissected brains, sleepless nights studying for anatomy, physiology, neuroanatomy, kinesiology, human disease, learning the ethics of bedside manners, and a boat load of other classes. 

I belong in a hospital somewhere in Uganda or in an orphanage in China holding babies that are not wanted by their parents. Touching them, sadly for the first time for many, with loving hands, instead of for medical purposes. That is why, I believe at least, God gave me the desire to learn about the human body and how it works. 

SSSSSSSOOOOOOO, I understand that although, I may find them exciting, others may find them somewhat interesting. Nevertheless, here is a glimpse into MY interesting mind. :) Enjoy!




I find this hilarious!
I believe this would be the top portion of a brain.

I love this!!  


This is actually my favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment